You should now have 20-50 items in your eBay account that have great titles and are priced
to earn you a profit. Now lets look at how to optimize your ability to tap into the 60
million plus users on eBay. The wonderful thing about eBay is that you don't have to worry about advertising since there
are already millions of customers at your disposal every day. All you need to do is optimize your listings and take
advantage of a few key insider secrets to drive eBayers to your listings again and again.
Optimizing Your Listings in eBay. Go through your listings one at a time and do the
- As we already discussed you title is crucial. When you feel there is not enough space it the title
field to include the necessary information, add a subtitle. Items with subtitles are more likely to sell.
- Add a gallery preview photo to your listing. I can not stress this enough! Items with
gallery previews are 35% more likely to sell.
- Use the listing designer to spruce up your listing. The more professional your listing looks the
more likely you are to win the sale over a competitor who has a dull presentation.
- Clearly state your return policy! You can check Doba's return policy in the item product details
under the supplier notice tab. Potential buyers are more likely to purchase if there is a return policy available.
- Offer combined shipping discounts and clearly state the details in your auction details.
- Use eBay's cross promotion tools to gain a ton of exposure for all your items.
Driving Traffic To Your Listings
- As I said before, use eBays cross promotion tools to gain exposure for all your listings every time someone views
one of your products. This is accomplished by adding a window to the bottom of your listings that constantly
scrolls through your other items for sale. The settings are highly customizable to suit your style and needs and it
is very easy to set up through eBay.
- End your listings on Wednesdays or Sundays evenings. Statistically items ending on these nights
have a higher sale rate since this is when consumers are typically home and using eBay, and buyers love to snatch up items
that are ending soon.
- Open an eBay Store and watch your traffic explode. All you need is a basic subscription which is only $9.95 a month.
It easily pays for itself when you consider that it is only 11 cents insertion fee to add an item to your store where as running
auctions and fixed price listings can cost $2, $3, $4 or more for the insertion fee. Once you have an ebay store
you can explode your traffic by following these simple steps: 1) Build your store inventory using the niche model 2) Select
one or two hot items to send to auction or fixed price. Add a subtitle to those auctions that advertises your eBay store.
For example if you are selling handbags send two to fixed price with a subtitle that reads "Many more great deals on handbags
at my eBay store". This simple process will drive buyers to your store even if they are not interested in the specific item
you have sent to fixed price. You can further increase the effectiveness of this approach by highlighting your fixed
price items with bold or highlighted options available when setting up your listing. Finally with an eBay store you can utilize
the Markdown Manager tool to create sales on items according to your parameters. Buyers are suckers for a discount and
this will greatly increase your store inventory sales.
Send me One Million FREE Guaranteed Visitors
There are dozens of other ways to drive traffic to your listings but I am not going to get into detail with that here.
This guide is meant to give you a solid start in your new business and for now this is all you really need to do to guarantee
When you feel you have a solid grasp on your new skills and are ready to take things to the next level, visit my Advanced Tools
page for tools to explode your traffic and ways to expand your business to other auction sites or even
your own web store.
I know by now you are ready to jump in and start building your business. Before you do let's look at the
most common mistakes new dropshippers make.